September 1, 2022
Week 5: Preparation Sessions
- Context: set and setting
- The healing environment
- Intention setting
- Dose ranges
- Support persons
- The therapeutic ritual
- Anticipated challenges during Medicine Sessions
- Apply the essentials of psychedelic-assisted therapy Preparation Sessions including intention setting and optimizing set and setting.
- Demonstrate how to assist a client to set therapeutic goals and clear intentions.
- Describe the therapeutic ritual (including intention and goal setting) and why it is supportive in psychedelic-assisted therapy.
- Design 1-2 therapeutic rituals to incorporate in Preparation and subsequent psychedelic-assisted therapy sessions.
- Delineate the difference between psycholytic and psychedelic dose effects.
- Apply appropriate interventions across the spectrum of effects as a result of the ranges between psycholytic and psychedelic doses.
- Demonstrate proficiency in setting appropriate boundaries.
- Describe the considerations needed to conduct preparation and integration sessions via video.
- Discuss the important role that music plays during Medicine Sessions.