About this program
DateJune 1, 2023 -
Kingsway Clinic, Vancouver
The Drive Clinic, Vancouver
Price1000 CAD + tax
In the Fundamentals course, you learned about the Numinus care model, the therapeutic stance, and core skills related to facilitation and trauma- and violence-informed care. In the Molecular Foundations course, you learned about the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the medicine as well as the indications that the medicine is being investigated to treat. Applied Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy focused on various clinical indications and specific tools and methods to treat transdiagnostic factors through case based learning.
This course will now require you to apply all of your course learnings into real clinical work and experiences.
In order to register for this course, you must have:
Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy course
Successfully completed the Molecular Foundations of Psilocybin course
Successfully completed the Applied Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy course
If you do not meet these prerequisites, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for recommendations to support you.
Every learner will have a unique design to the 50 hours of this program and will be customized with your preferences and eligibility in mind. For an overview of the different learning options, please use the arrows below to learn more.
Please use the arrows below to learn more about what will be taught in each module.
• Experiential learning overview and preparation
• Observational learning overview and preparation
• Practicum placement overview and preparation
Completion of the above pre-requisites enables you to be recruited for the NUMT2 clinical trial based on your qualifications and course work. However, all clinical trials are regulated by Health Canada and an Independent Ethics Review Board, and all participants of a clinical trial must be carefully screened by the study team to determine eligibility based on the approved study protocol. Enrolment in the clinical trial will be determined following these steps and the decision of the Qualified Investigator.
• If eligible, participate in an Preparation Session (Experiential Period) preparing to undergo psychedelic-assisted therapy
• If eligible, participate in an Medicine Session (Experiential Period) under the effects of the medicine
• If eligible, participate in an Integration Session (Experiential Period) having had experienced the effects of the medicine during a Medicine Session
• If eligible, observe your assigned partner's Preparation, Medicine, and Integration sessions
• Participate in an in-person clinic orientation
• Observe client Preparation Sessions (Practicum) and complete one therapeutic relationship and Numinus care model worksheet for each session
• Observe client Medicine Sessions (Practicum) and complete one Medicine Session observation log for each session
• Observe client Integration Sessions (Practicum) and complete one Integration Session worksheet for each session
After the course, you'll be able to
Synthesize knowledge and skills learned in Fundamentals of Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy, Molecular Foundations, and Applied Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy courses.
Describe psychedelic-assisted therapy from first-hand experience.
Apply the Numinus model of care and clinic policies while engaging in clinical work.
Utilize first-hand experience with psychedelic medicines to better understand and support clients through psychedelic-assisted therapy.
The continuing professional development program in no way promotes, condones, or facilitates illegal activity, and is strictly for educational and harm reduction purposes only. Please be aware that certain psychedelic substances still remain illegal in many jurisdictions, including Canada. This program and the contents of this website do not constitute medical advice, and are not a substitute for professional medical advice and treatment.
Psychedelic-assisted therapy aims to identify and resolve root causes of mental health conditions, working by creating a mind-opening effect through the psychedelics that allows access to deeper levels of insight and healing. Although more research is required, existing evidence suggests that combining a psychedelic experience with psychotherapy can lead to lasting changes and benefits.
Interested in learning more? Download this free resource today.
Yes – you will receive a certificate of completion.
Please consult the Numinus Practictioner Training Policies for more information about our policies.
We’re happy to help. Send us an e-mail at email@example.com