It all starts with connection. The first step is to connect with our clinic staff so that our team can guide you in discovering which treatment options are a good fit for your needs and healing goals. Psychedelic-assisted treatment isn’t for everyone, and your safety and wellbeing are our primary concern. We’ll work with you to determine whether you are eligible for treatment and give you an opportunity to get to know the people who will be supporting you throughout your journey.
Connect. Heal. Thrive.
Ketamine treatment aims to address the root causes of mental health conditions and to help you create lasting change in your daily life. We offer treatments that combine leading-edge therapy with psychedelic medicine in an environment optimized for your comfort and safety.
Now available for the treatment of depression, anxiety, trauma, addictive disorders, and other mental health conditions, as well as for those struggling to confront a serious medical illness.
The power of psychedelic medicine combined with world-class clinical support
When given in a controlled environment by a medical professional, ketamine is a medicine that can cause altered states of consciousness. Research suggests that ketamine, especially when combined with therapy, can help individuals overcome a broad range of mental health challenges, from depression and anxiety to addiction and trauma.
Our Ketamine Treatments
Our ketamine treatments are flexible, designed to meet your individual needs and goals and best support you on your healing journey. In our treatment options, your ketamine experience can involve a guiding therapist, or you may choose to engage in self-guided healing. During ketamine sessions, short-term changes in your state of consciousness occur that researchers believe can help address mental blocks and other struggles. You may be able to process strong emotions and memories that may otherwise be too painful or difficult to access and help you to experience personal breakthroughs that may resolve some of the root causes of mental health conditions.
Interested in learning more? Our clinical team is here to help.Book a FREE info call
Guidance every step of the way
Throughout the entire program, you will have a team of health care practitioners, including therapists, medical doctors, nurses, and other care support people, that are there to support you during your entire journey. We believe that the power to heal comes from within you and our goal is to create the right conditions that may enable you achieve lasting change that is both profound and personal.
A Personal Health Navigator will also be there to support you and answer any questions you have as you enter and proceed through the program.
Ready to get started?Book a FREE info call
Once we’ve determined together that you’re eligible for treatment, we get working on setting you up for success. We’ll get to know you and your story, and you’ll be provided with materials and training to ensure you get the most out of your sessions.
Your psychedelic experience is usually where things start to shift. These experiences may be blissful or challenging, mild or intense, depending on where you are in your healing journey. Whatever the nature of your experience, we’ll help you to feel supported throughout your time at Numinus.
Integration may be the most important part of your healing journey and is an essential ingredient to ensure the healing potential of your psychedelic experience is harnessed. If a psychedelic experience is about breaking open all that is stuck and stagnant, integration is about putting the pieces back together in a new, more balanced configuration.
Healing isn’t a linear, individual process with a clear finish line. Sometimes we transform and peel back a layer only to reveal deeper more significant work that we now have the capacity to undertake. Reconnecting can mean pursuing additional treatment, joining one of our ongoing integration groups, or even taking what you’ve learned and lived and becoming a positive healing presence in someone else’s life.
What can ketamine treatment help with?
Difficulties with Confronting a Serious Medical Illness
Our Ketamine Team
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more, book a free info call today.
Our ketamine treatment offerings are flexible and are designed to meet your individual needs and goals and best support you on your healing journey. Though we offer many options for our ketamine treatments, there is no need to feel overwhelmed in making your choice; our clinical team will help you to decide what form of treatment will best meet your current needs and healing goals.
Our treatment options include:
Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Standard Program
- Ketamine-assisted therapy combines structured therapy with the medical administration of ketamine. When used in controlled doses, ketamine is a medicine that can cause altered states of consciousness. Recent research has shown that, when combined with forms of therapy by trained mental health professionals, these psychedelic experiences can enable some individuals to overcome a broad range of mental health challenges, ranging from depression and anxiety to addiction and trauma . In the context of ketamine-assisted therapy, the aim is to harness the openness of this altered state by combining it with structured therapy to engage with and process strong emotions that may otherwise be painful or simply difficult to access. Working on this emotional awareness with your therapist may then make it possible to ‘reorganize’ core experiences, see important relationships in a new light, create a coherent and meaningful narrative that supports positive transformation, and to come into balance. The Standard Program includes two Preparation Sessions, three Medicine Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Sessions, three Integration Sessions, and a Closing Session; and Introductory Program with one medicine Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Ssession is also available.
Flexible Ketamine Treatment
- Though our Standard Program is expected to provide the best and most lasting results, research has also shown ketamine to be beneficial without therapy. We also offer ketamine medicine as a standalone treatment, without one-to-one preparation and integration with a therapist. This is ideal for clients with therapy experience who are well supported in the community. Here, we allow you to build your own healing program with the assistance of our clinical team. You can choose between several session types to meet your current needs and healing goals. At the core of this program are Ketamine Sessions; in these sessions, you are given ketamine under medical supervision, but your experience is self-guided rather than being led not guided by a therapist. You may also choose to add in Preparation or Integration Sessions with a therapist to better support you through your experience. This journey is entirely customizable, and our clinic staff will help you to design an individual program that will work best for you. You can always switch things up as you go along, adding in more sessions if you feel the need for further support.
- Our Spravato® treatment is a structured program that involves 12 Spravato® Sessions. In these sessions, you will be given Spravato®—a branded form of ketamine—under medical supervision, but without a therapist to guide you through the ketamine experience.
We presently use rapid dissolving tablets that are dissolved in the mouth for initial ketamine doses and nasal spray for supplemental doses. Your team will work with you to determine and adjust your dose for each session, helping you ease into the experience. Each time ketamine is administered, your response will be closely monitored. We also offer ketamine intramuscular injection and Spravato®.
To learn more, book a free info call today.
Ketamine can alter your perceptions. At the dosages provided at Numinus, you may experience mild reductions in pain, anxiety, and depression, in addition to the following:
- A dream-like or ‘floating’ feeling
- Altered sense of time and space
- Mild changes in perceptions of sounds and sights
- Relaxation of ordinary concerns and usual mindset
- Disruption of negative feelings and preoccupations
- Diminished or altered body sensations; some people may have an “out-of-body” experience, where the usual awareness of the physical body is reduced
Many clients find the ketamine experience pleasurable, though some people may experience nausea at times. Also, the ketamine journey can cause discomfort to surface through revisiting painful feelings or memories and presenting challenging new perspectives. If you are working with a therapist, you will be encouraged and supported to remain open to what may arise; uncovering and reprocessing these events can provide the key to reaching your wellness goals. If you choose a self-guided ketamine experience not guided by a therapist, our educational materials will outline for you how you may do this work yourself.
To learn more, book a free info call today.
To learn more, book a free info call today.
Ketamine treatment is an innovation in mental health care, but because it is still new, it is presently an uninsured medical service; however, if you have a private insurance provider, you may be able to claim some session types and medications. We will provide you with a detailed breakdown of the costs for each service. Medical visits are covered by public health care plans. Please contact us for additional pricing information.
Great question! Payment occurs after each session so that the cost is more manageable for our clients.
If you require financial assistance, we have identified a financing company—iFinance Medicard (iFinance)—which is available for Canadian citizens only. Through them, you can apply for financing and possibly be approved for the funding you require.
Numinus does not receive any financial benefits or payments from iFinance for this service. We have engaged with iFinance as an option for clients that require assistance. To learn more, feel free to reach out to our clinic staff.
If you’d like to apply for financial assistance through iFinance, please click here.
At Numinus, your safety is our top priority. To help us meet that commitment, Numinus has put in place policies and protocols to protect our clients while they access our therapists and services.
Psychedelic-assisted treatment options offer the potential to help with mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, trauma, addictive disorders, and other mental health conditions, as well as for those struggling to confront a serious medical illness. In research trials, compounds used in psychedelic-assisted treatment options—such as MDMA, psilocybin, and ketamine—have been found to be safe from a human toxicology perspective and, while research is ongoing, may provide substantial improvement over available medicines in terms of both safety and efficacy.
We recognize that there can be risks to clients while under the influence of psychedelic substances and potentially for days or weeks following administration when close attention is not paid to the appropriateness of the clinical setting, the therapeutic protocols, or the calibre of attending therapist(s). Specifically, people undergoing psychedelic-assisted treatment may be vulnerable to manipulation and exploitation for a period before, during, and after psychedelic experiences. Additionally, many people seeking psychedelic-assisted treatments have unresolved trauma and are at risk of re-traumatization if accompanied by unskilled practitioners.
To mitigate risks, Numinus has implemented strict processes for the recruitment and training of highly skilled and professional therapists with expertise in trauma-informed therapy. All Numinus staff have passed criminal record checks in their local jurisdictions. In addition, they must comply with our Numinus Code of Ethics for Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy that prioritizes client care and safety.
Numinus’s protocols are based on international best safety practices, and our clinic infrastructure has been specifically developed for client safety. A range of safeguards are in place, including the recording of psychedelic sessions. Storage of the recording is secure and confidential and meets all medical regulatory standards.
All safety protocols are explained to clients as part of our admission procedures, and all our services are in compliance with local, provincial/state, and federal health regulations.
To learn more,
Evidence-based research on ketamine treatment
Ketamine for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders: comprehensive systematic review
Z. Walsh, O.M. Mollaahmetoglu, J. Rootman, S. Golsof, J. Keeler, B. MArsh, D.J. Nutt, and C.J.A. Morgan, 2021
Efficacy of Ketamine in the Treatment of Substance Use Disorders: A Systematic Review
J.L. Jones, C.F. Mateus, R.J. Malcolm, K.T. Brady, S.E. Black, 2018.
A retrospective analysis of ketamine intravenous therapy for depression in real-world care settings
L.A. McInnes, J.J. Qian, R.S. Gargeya, C. DeBattista, B.D. Heifets, 2022.
A Randomized Controlled Trial of Repeated Ketamine Administration for Chronic Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
A. Feder, S. Costi, S.B. Rutter, A.B. Collins, U. Govindarajulu, M.K. Jha, S.R. horn, M. Kautz, M. Corniquel, K.A. Collins, L. Bevilacqua, A.M. Glasgow, J. Brallier, R.H. Pietrzak, J.W. Murrough, D.S. Charney, 2021.
A Randomized Trial of an N-methyl-D-aspartate Antagonist in Treatment-Resistant Major Depression
C.A. Zarate Jr., J.B. Singh, P.J. Carlson, N.E. Brutsche, R. Ameli, D.A. Luckenbaugh, D.S. Charney, H.K. Manji, 2006.
Ready to begin your ketamine treatment healing journey?
The first step is to book a FREE info call with our clinical team.
"*" indicates required fields